When deciding on which university to attend, Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight or Go8 universities are top of the list for most students. Go8 universities are considered the cream of the crop and we list top 7 reasons to study at Go8.
1. Comprises of University of Melbourne, Australian National University, University of Sydney, University of Queensland, University of New South Wales, Monash University, University of Adelaide, and University of Western Australia, considered most elite universities in the country.
2. Go8 universities are renowned for the high number and quality of their research. Over 70 percent of all Australian university research is conducted at these universities.
3. Go8 universities attract and train the best researchers from Australia and around the world, creating a teaching-research hub producing advanced curricula and innovative research-based learning methods.
4. Students also get the benefit of more individual attention from instructors due to low student-staff ratios, so they get the support and guidance they need throughout their studies.
5. Every year, the Group of Eight universities dedicate over $6 billion dollars on research, out of which over $2 billion dollars of funding is spent on research related to Medical and Health Services.
6. The Go8 not only have a high reputation in the Australian university rankings, but also around the world. This means your qualification will be globally recognised, enabling you to find a job in many different countries.
7. Go8 universities educate more than half of Australia’s doctors, dentists and vets and provide some 55 per cent of Australia’s science graduates and more than 40 per cent of Australia’s engineering graduates.
Did you like what you read? Keep watching this space for more informative articles like these and also follow BNPS International on Instagram and Facebook for updates on International Higher Education, Tips and Tricks, and more!